SUP Polo is played on inflatable paddle boards with customized paddles/sticks that allow each player to paddle and handle the game ball. Teams are made up of three paddlers to a side with goals on either end of the arena. Our arena is set up once a week at the Barge Canal beach for 1/2 hour games from 5PM-Sunset. If you're interested in joining us, all you need to do is pick a Tuesday, pick a time and register online.
Here's how it works:
- Games will take place every Tuesday night beginning at 5:00 at Barge Canal Beach, just south of Perkins Pier.
- Kids ages 7-14 can play for free from 4:00-4:30
- There will be four ½ hour games per night with 15 minutes transition time between games (5:00-5:30, 5:45-6:15, 6:30-7:00, 7:15-7:45).
- Each team has 3 players. You don't need a team to play. We can match you up with one.
- Cost per game is $20/person.
- Individuals sign up separately for a specific time slot in the drop down menu online.
- No paddling experience is necessary. Beginners are welcome.
- All equipment is included. All you need is a sense of adventure!
- The arena will be set up every Tuesday night all summer. Weather looking sketchy? Check our Facebook page for last minute weather updates. We play rain or shine, glassy or bumpy. Lightning is a no-go.
- Payment can be collected onsite, or you can pre-register online
Interested in renting our polo court for a private event? We offer 1/2 day and full day rental packages from our Barge Canal Beach location. Contact the shop for pricing and scheduling.