SUP Polo is played on inflatable paddle boards with customized paddles/sticks that allow each player to paddle and handle the game ball. Teams are made up of three paddlers to a side with goals on either end of the arena. Our arena is set up twice a week at the Burlington Surf Club for 1/2 hour league games from 5PM-Sunset on Tuesdays and drop-in games from 1:00-4:00 on Saturdays.
Here's how the Tuesday League works:
- League games will take place every Tuesday night beginning at 5:00 at the Burlington Surf Club.
- Kids ages 7-14 can play for free from 4:00-4:30
- There will be four ½ hour games per night with 15 minutes transition time between games (5:00-5:30, 5:45-6:15, 6:30-7:00, 7:15-7:45).
- Each team has 3 players. You need a team to play. Find two other players or we can match you up with some.
- League play will run for 1 month sessions in June and July. Each team will play one 1/2 hr. game per Tuesday. The play schedule will be set before the month begins so you will know what time your team plays.
- There will be a mini tournament on the last Tuesday of the month.
- Cost per 1 month session is $75/person.
- Individuals sign up separately for a specific time slot in the drop down menu online.
- Feel free to drop-in with a team of 3, or we can match you up with one if you're flying solo.
- No paddling experience is necessary. Beginners are welcome.
- All equipment is included. All you need is a sense of adventure!
- The cost for drop-in play is $20. We will run 15-30 minute games and you can play as many times as you want depending on how many people show up
- The arena will be set up every Saturday afternoon all summer. Weather looking sketchy? Check our Facebook page for last minute weather updates. We play rain or shine, glassy or bumpy. Lightning is a no-go.
- Payment can be collected onsite, or you can pre-register online
Saturday Drop-In Games:
Interested in renting our polo court for a private event? We offer 1/2 day and full day rental packages from the Burlington Surf Club. Contact the shop for pricing and scheduling.